LBIC accommodation

At LBIC we recognise the importance of safe and comfortable student accommodation. Our accommodation team help students to choose a safe, clean and secure accommodation that suits the needs of the modern student. For all enquiries regarding accommodation please contact

There are a variety of accommodation options available for Brunel University London students and we are certain you will find your ideal 'home away from home' while studying with us at LBIC.

For more information about cost of living why not try the UKCISA student calculator -


General accommodation FAQ

What are the accommodation options available and how do I book them?

There are two main accommodation options at LBIC:

  1. On Campus Student Residences
  2. Alternative student accommodation

On campus Student Residences. Once you have accepted an offer to study at LBIC you may then apply for a room on the Brunel University London campus. To book accommodation in Student residences you will need to create a user account and complete the booking form.

If you would like to book 'Alternative Accommodation', LBIC highly suggest students use 'student Pad' an approved accommodation service used by Brunel University London students. 'student Pad' will help students to locate suitable accommodation in London. Please visit (Brunel University London StudentPAD).

Please note that there are a variety of alternative accommodation options available for students near Brunel University London. Some of the popular options are the following:

Are there any catered accommodation options available at LBIC?

No, all the accommodation options are self-catered. Kitchen facilities are provided at student residences and alternative accommodation and so students can cook their own food. Self-catering is by far the cheapest option in the UK, and what the majority of UK students will do. It is expected that you contribute towards the cleaning and tidying of the kitchens. You must leave them as you found them.

Where is the accommodation located?

Student residences are located on Brunel University London's campus.

Alternative Accommodation varies depending on what type of accommodation you want and on the location you want to live in.

Can I smoke in my property?

You cannot smoke in your home if you live in any form of student residences or alternative accommodation. In the UK you can smoke outdoors, as long as you are more than 5 metres away from any building and in areas that are not 'substantially enclosed'. However, some places do have a smoke-free policy, like train platforms and sports stadiums.

Are pets allowed?


Can I arrive at my accommodation a couple of days before the start of my contract?

If you arrive before the start of your contract you will need to stay in a hotel until your accommodation is ready. If you are arriving early please contact the accommodation team at who will be happy to help you arrange a hotel for your first few nights in Brunel University London.

What happens if my arrival details change?

It is vital to contact if any of your arrival details change. The arrivals and accommodation team will then be able to help you amend any of your airport pick up bookings.

Where is the nearest supermarket?

In London you are never more than a 10 minute walk from a mini-market. In Uxbridge town centre there are 2 major super markets as well as other smaller food outlets.

Where can I buy a bus pass?

London has one of the largest urban transport networks in the world, with integrated bus, river and road systems spanning the city's 32 boroughs.

When you arrive you will be able to buy an Oyster card from any station in London. An Oyster card is a smartcard which can hold pay as you go credit, Travelcard (travel pass) and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets. Use it to travel on bus, Tube, Tram, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services in London.

Who can I talk to if I have problems?

The accommodation team at LBIC are always here to help. Either come into the office at LBIC to meet with the accommodation team or send them an email via

What time can I access Student Services?

The Student Services Office is open from 8.30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. If you wish to make an appointment with a member of the accommodation team please email

Can I contact other LBIC students before I arrive?

Why not log onto one of our social media accounts - to chat with fellow LBIC students?

Are there laundry facilities available?

In student residences the laundry facilities are pay-as-you-go. In Alternative accommodation, most properties contain shared laundry facilities at no extra cost.

Can I bring a TV?

Students prefer to use their laptop or computer to watch TV in the UK. Please note that if you intend to watch live television on your computer you will need a TV licence. Please see the TV Licensing site for more details.