Orientation and Life on Campus
Speak with a member of our team
Call Us Now
T: +44 (0) 1895 265 540
Orientation and Life on Campus
Both LBIC and Brunel University London, based on one of London's few campus-style universities, are located in Uxbridge. With a vibrant student community, activities and facilities, you will never be bored!
Discover the opportunities available to get the most out of your University experience, all while building your networks, developing your skills and increasing your employment opportunities! Go beyond the lecture theatre into the student experience so you are ready to take on the world!
Orientation is the beginning of your journey at LBIC. It is a new study environment and for most students a new country and a new way of life. Orientation is where it all starts, so don't miss it.
What will happen at Orientation?
During your first week at LBIC we will be running a full programme of activities and events that are designed to give you the opportunity to learn more about student life and to help you settle into Brunel University London, make friends, meet all the LBIC staff and ask any questions you may have as you get to know the College, University, and the wonderful city of London.
LBIC will be organising tours on campus and Uxbridge. The orientation schedule at LBIC will be provided to you at the point of enrolment.
Register at the Medical Centre
You should register at Brunel University London's on campus Medical Centre in the first week of term. To do this, go to the Medical Centre and complete their form. You can also complete the form at the link below, print it off and bring it with you.
Events and activities at Brunel University London
You will find out about the hundreds of clubs and societies that you are able to access as a Brunel University London student. Please ensure you visit the Brunel University London Student Union where you will be able to sign up and get involved.
LBIC and Brunel are located in Uxbridge, one of London's few campus-style universities, encompassing a vibrant student community, activities and facilities. You will never be bored!
Brunel University London has spent £500 million redeveloping the campus, as an investment for the future. New and refurbished social, teaching and sporting facilities will help ensure that Brunel University London remains amongst the best providers of higher education in the region. The 24-hour library has doubled in size and first-class on campus student accommodation is available to students at LBIC. These facilities include:
- Classrooms: The lecture centre has undergone an extensive renovation featuring state-of-the art teaching equipment and improved social and study facilities.
- Computer Labs: Computer and media services are available throughout the campus with PC workstations at almost every corner and media equipment loan services are available to enhance presentations and projects.
- Library: The Library lies at the heart of the campus and offers 1,200 study spaces, nearly 500 PCs, study rooms, Wi-Fi and an extensive collection of books, journals, eBooks and over 16,000 eJournals.
- Arts: The Arts Centre brings the campus to life with exhibitions, concerts and productions throughout the year.
- Sports: All students are welcome to take advantage of the sports centre's fantastic facilities. Equipment ranges from an indoor 132 sprint and hurdle track to a fitness suite offering over 70 cardiovascular and resistance stations to a floodlit six-lane 400m track.
- Careers: Brunel University London's career centre has an extensive career library, interactive online services and mentoring services for CV writing and mock interviews
- The Meeting House: The meeting house is a pastoral, spiritual and community building resource for all at Brunel University London. Chaplains from Christian, Muslim, Hindu and other faith traditions are available any time.
- Health: The Medical Centre on campus offers a large variety of services to students and members of the public.
- Eat: Students have access to wide variety of food on campus from the canteen, WhistleStop, Subway, on-campus supermarket and Locos.
LBIC is dedicated to providing you with a rewarding and fulfilling student experience. As an LBIC student, you will gain the effective tools needed to be successful academically and socially in your new university environment. LBIC encourages you to use all the support services available and to contact our friendly staff for advice and assistance whenever you need it.
The LBIC team is always happy to help students with any query or difficulty- no matter how big or small. The Student Support team looks after all of our student’s needs, including:
- Social activities
- Registration with LBIC
- Academic performance monitoring
- Attendance monitoring
- Disability support
- Enrolment onto your pathway
- Orientation programmes
- Transfer assistance to Brunel University London
- Student welfare
- Students in Jeopardy programme
- 24/7 emergency assistance
To contact LBIC's Student Services team, please email Studentservices@lbic.brunel.ac.uk